48 HRS IN NYC: PART 1 (ENGLISH VERSION)
When I found out that I was going to be able to spend two days in the biggest melting pot of the world, a.k.a New York City, I was beyond thrilled! Even though I've lived most of my life in the states, every time I tired going to the big apple, it never seemed to work out!
To share the experience with you all, I've put together 2 post(one of each day), sharing the guide that I created for my 48 hours in NYC!
1. TIMES SQUARE: Some tourist attractions you just gotta do it! And Times Square is definitely one of them! Also, it's where our hotel was located. Some of you might call me crazy for actually wanting to stay at the most touristy location during the busiest time of the year. But, when a big city is new to you, staying by a familiar face is always the best way to start exploring it!
3. ABC CARPET &HOME: The interesting about ABC Cocina, is that it's a restaurant that's a partnership between ABC Carpet & Home, and top chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. ABC Carpet & Home is a department store where you can find pretty much anything you can think of! The best part about it is that it's very environmentally friendly.
5. SoHo: If you have any interest in fashion, you've probably heard of SoHo. The neighborhood where you can find every fast fast fashion in the world, and most A list brands...all in one place! Two stores that I made mandatory stops, were &OtherStories and Uniqlo!
&OtherStories is kinda like a mix of Zara and Topshop! It's not the cheapest, but it has some really fun unique pieces. Uniqlo, I would say is more like Forever 21 and H&M. The mens basic tee section is paradise for a perfect loose tee! #isurestockedup
6. BERGDORF GOODMAN: Around 5:20, we took off to 5th Avenue. It was our last stop before heading back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Since we didn't have much time, I went straight to do the two things that I really wanted to. Visit Bergdorf Goodman, and see the new Gucci make-up line!
Bergdorf Goodman, blew my mind! Everything about the store is amazing! The collections, decorations, and even it's cosmetics and fragrance department. Which they like to refer to as, it's beauty salon. And it's not for nothing, it really does resemble one! So unique and full of details, you just forget that your in a department store!
And one last thing that I must comment about Bergdorf Goodman, it's windows display! Even if you don't like like window displays, you will be amazed by Bergdorf windows. They really are a true work of art!
As far as the Gucci make-up goes, which I only found in the actual Gucci store. It was bittersweet feelings! I loved the packaging (so chic!), the lipsticks(got myself a lovely nude!), and the bronzer! Other products like the foundation and the blush, were great, but nothing that I was too impressed with.
7. CATCH: For dinner, I really wanted a fun upbeat contemporary restaurant, and what better place then the meatpacking district? Catch was my choice! A super chic seafood restaurant, that has a lounge on it's roof top. We ordered the fish snapper, and the mac & cheese with lobster! Sounds like a funky combination, but it was AMAZING!
8. ROCKFELLER CENTER: Last stop of the night?! Rockefeller center! Yes, it was PACKED, but another one of those touristy things that you just gotta do it!
I hope you guys enjoyed reading about my New York adventures! It was a lot of work putting this post together, but I loved it! See you in part two!
EM PORTUGUÊS, CLIQUE AQUI!
EM PORTUGUÊS, CLIQUE AQUI!